Godolphin is the global thoroughbred breeding operation and horseracing team founded by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Today, Team Godolphin spans four continents, from our home in Dubai to Europe, Australia, Japan and America. Its global base is in Newmarket – the internationally renowned headquarters of the UK’s thoroughbred industry.
The operation comprises several large estates in and around Newmarket, together with a number of remote sites. Principal of these is Dalham Estate, which hosts regular high-profile shoots. The successful applicant will support the head keeper and underkeeper with the efficient delivery of these events.
As assistant underkeeper, your responsibilities will be:
· Assisting the head keeper and underkeeper with all aspects of the day-to-day care, management and welfare of game birds
· Assisting with the management of deer, vermin and predators (in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of good practice)
· Assisting in maintaining all shoot equipment (fixed and non-fixed) along with vehicles/implements
· Assisting with all aspects of woodland and estate management
· Complying with the estate health and safety policy and all codes of conduct/good practice referred to
· Any other tasks pertinent to the role
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right individual. You will have:
· A passion for gamekeeping and commitment to the role/lifestyle
· A robust and flexible attitude to the job, working additional hours when required
· Self-motivation, a flexible attitude and a keenness to participate in a close-knit team
· A focus on developing your career as a head keeper/underkeeper
· A full driving licence and valid firearms/shotgun certificates
In addition to an impressive benefits package, accommodation (with kennelling for two dogs) could be made available.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to:
HR Department, Godolphin Management Company, The Main Office, Dalham Hall Stud, Duchess Drive, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 9HE
Closing date for applications is Friday, 28 February, 2020
0000************* Show number